Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I never knew my heart could hurt so much.

Two weeks ago, almost to this moment, my grandpa passed away. My heart still aches in a way I never knew possible even though my tears have subsided. 


I was his world. He made me feel special. He took me fishing, counted cars with me, let me nap in his lap every afternoon, rubbed my leg to ease the stabbing growing pains. He built a whole playground for me. A merry-go-round, a sandbox, my very own playhouse. 


I can still hear his voice in my head, and I'm holding onto it as hard as I can. So scared it will slip away.


I'm so very thankful for our last moments together. Holding his hand there in the hospital when neither of us could speak. 


I just can't believe he's gone. My heart hurts. I experienced truly unconditional love from this man. He always accepted me, loved me, and supported me with everything that he had. I am so lucky to have called him Grandpa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment