Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The World I Want For You

I'm not a very political person. I hate talking about politics. I almost didn't vote. I tend to think that no matter what we do, it doesn't matter. We'll hate whoever is elected into office anyways, and they just really won't do much. I tend to keep all opinions to myself. Your vote is a personal matter. It doesn't need to be shared on social media, with everyone who will listen, etc. I hate the drama it causes. I hate the nonstop ads. I hate the division it brings.

And today, I realized that it matters a little more to me.

All I can to do today is sit and look at my baby girl. All I can think about are the things that I want for her.

I want a world full of peace. I want her to be safe. No fear of wars or conflict- no riots, gun violence, or terrorism.

I want a world full of love and acceptance. Respect for others even if they look differently, think differently, believe differently, etc. I want everyone to feel embraced, empowered, and important.

I want her to feel like she can grow up to do anything. That nothing will hold her back. I want her to feel important, for who she is.

I want a world where we all work together instead of against each other. Where differing opinions are heard, respected, and where we can compromise and come together to make the world a better place for all of us.

I want her to be happy. I want her to be free.

I'm not sure what lies ahead. Change is scary. But, more than anything, I hope that this is the life my baby girl has- that this is the world she grows up in. I know it won't be all these things- the world is still a rough place, but I will do my best to make her world all of these things- full of love, safety, security, happiness, acceptance, and respect. Because she is my world, and she is the most important thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment