Tuesday, June 28, 2016

All I Need is a Lake View


Last week, I was getting a little stir crazy in Springtown and was in need of some adventure. So, for date night- we headed south!

Our first stop was Copper Run Distillery. Sadly, no moonshine for me. Hubbs had a great flight of moonshine and whiskey, while I had a really tasty tropical soda. 




Then, we headed down to Big Cedar for dinner. All I needed was a little glimpse of that lake to relax. Such a beautiful night!




We wanted to keep it casual, so we just headed down to Buzzard Bar for dinner. These pork nachos were amazing!!




We were able to catch the sunset from the top of the hill on the way out. It was such an amazing moment to just sit there, in the warm summer air, and watch the lights come on over the lake with my hubbs. Absolutely beautiful. A wonderful moment I'll hold close to my heart.




After we left Top of the Rock, we stopped by the Landing to see if we could find some dessert. I was on a mission for gelato. Sadly, I didn't find any but we did enjoy seeing the fountains and walking along the lake some more. 




Saturday morning, we hit up our local coffee shop. I woke up thinking about cinnamon rolls, and there was one left when we arrived. I was all over it!




Last week was a pretty chaotic one at work, so I decided to book a prenatal massage at my spa for a little relaxation and me time. It was amazing.




My massage therapist told me about a detox bath to try out when I got home. 1 cup epsom salt, 1 cup sea salt, and 1/2 a cup of baking soda. So, I hopped in the tub with a little sparkling soda and a magazine to continue relaxing. 




For dinner, I made salmon sriracha tacos. Delicious! 




This last weekend definitely hit the spot. I got some of the adventure and relaxation that I'd been craving. Now, to tackle another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment