Monday, June 13, 2016

The Laziest Weekends are the Fastest!

Despite all these pictures, we really didn't do much this weekend. It was fairly relaxing- lots of naps and Netflix. 

Friday night we decided to check out a new restaurant in town- Calagaro's Pizzeria. At first, I was a fan- they were playing rap music and the appearance looked pretty trendy. 




We ordered the calamari as an appetizer. I thought this was kinda wimpy for $10. I much prefer the Red Room's calamari! That's what I was looking for, so not impressed here. 




We ordered a pizza- just basic sausage and some other meat. It was okay. The service was pretty slow even though the restaurant was fairly empty. The staff was a little off as well- waited a bit to be seated because no one was at the front desk. Then the guy told us it was his first day and he didn't know where to seat us- not sure if he was joking because he seemed like the owner. When we left, he was standing outside talking on a cell phone. Super awkward. 

Overall, the prices didn't really fit the atmosphere of this restaurant. It seemed like they couldn't decide if it should be a trendy pizzeria or a sports bar. At first glance, the inside looks awesome but then you realize there are tv's everywhere and daily specials plastered all over the wall. And $1 beer. Just a confusing experience. We'll see how long they last. 




But hey- the sunset downtown sure didn't disappoint! Loving these summer nights. 

Woke up early each morning this weekend- guess that means I've had plenty of sleep. It was nice to get out and run before it got too hot. Beautiful Saturday morning!




I spent a lot of time just relaxing on the back porch... then I saw this. And I'm now scared for the safety of my future child. Yikes. 




A little before dinner on Saturday, I couldn't get mac n cheese off my mind. So we whipped up this quick fix. Just some shells, Laughing Cow Creamy Asiago, and some bacon bits. It hit the spot!




Sunday, we hit the theatre to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Hubbs is a die hard fan. Afterwards, we decided to stop for some frozen yogurt. Apparently Orange Leaf is just one set price now instead of weighing. Not sure I'm a huge fan of that. I definitely got more than I usually did, but it was amazing- so I guess it doesn't really matter. 




Last night I had some energy and made the Hubbs dinner for a change. Basically a quick fix for sushi, and it was delicious! And healthy! Click here for the recipe.




Great weekend, but it went quick. Trying to savor all of these summer days while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment