Monday, February 22, 2016

What a Weekend!


Kicked off the weekend with my bestie. We had all intentions of going out to a nice dinner then going to see a girly movie. We got some interesting news from a friend of ours, didn't know how to process, and decided to just get take out Mexican, lots of wine, and sit at home going "WTF." Just what we needed! So thankful for good friends to do life with.







And then we decided to get crazy with face masks. You know... wine.. 





Saturday night, Hubbs and I hit the town. We decided to try out a new restaurant downtown- Civil. It didn't have the best reviews when it first opened, so I was weary, but a friend said it was good, so we gave it a shot. We sat upstairs at the bar. Loved the setting. It was very quiet and relaxing- with great views of the square. Hubbs had the Chicken Strips, and I had the Civil Burger with Gouda Mash. Definitely hit the spot!




Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. I met up with the bestie again for Starbucks then Hot Barre at Physique Fitness. It was my first time going. I've been to hot yoga. I've been to barre, but never hot barre. It was the best way I could have ended the weekend. It felt so good to make my muscles burn. And surprisingly, I'm feeling pretty good today. 




And then to top the weekend off, I came home and Hubbs had dinner ready yet again. His special recipe of cream cheese meatballs (my favorite!) and gnocchi with tomato basil marinara from Trader Joe's. My mouth was watering as soon as I stepped in the house. 




After a great weekend full of great food, friend time, exercise, and relaxation, Snoops and I had the same Monday morning expression. 




Hope you have a Happy Monday too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment