Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Weekend

My Valentine's weekend was the perfect mix of fun and relaxation. On Friday night, we headed out for our weekly date night. Downtown was crowded so we stopped at Mother's Brewery to have a few beers before heading to dinner. I had the Chocolate Thunder. Delicious! 




After that, we headed to Black Sheep. I've blogged about it before, but it's a great burger place. Well, even though we went late, there was still an hour and a half wait, so they sent us upstairs to their bar. I had no idea that they had a bar upstairs! It seemed almost like a speakeasy! They had a great cheese dip with gorgonzola, jalapenos, and candied bacon. Normally, I'm not a fan of gorgonzola but this was amazing! 





And either time flew by or the wait was much shorter than an hour and a half, but before I knew it, I was downstairs shoving this amazing burger into my mouth. It's the Foodie. I get it every time- I don't pass up boursin ever! 




After dinner, we met up with some friends and the night flew by. Needless to say, I was more than happy and thankful to have Black Sheep leftovers for breakfast in bed on Saturday...with a side of tons of water. Signs of a good Friday night!




Sunday morning, I made some oatmeal protein pancakes topped with pink greek yogurt to fit the day. And hazelnut coffee in one of my favorite coffee mugs! 




Weather was horrible, and we wanted to avoid any holiday weekend crowds, so we had a wonderful appetizer dinner at home while watching Bachelor. Because we have problems. Appetizers are my favorite meal. We make a delicious dish that is so easy- a layer of cream cheese, a layer of cocktail sauce, and shrimp. Then we scoop it up with different crackers. Definitely my favorite. 




And we finished off the night with some pistachio gelato. Gelato is the way to my heart any day. Move over ice cream. This is my jam.




Wonderful Valentine's weekend with lots of food, fun, friends, and relaxation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment