Saturday, August 20, 2016

Maine to Foxborough and Providence

Last full day on the East Coast! I kicked it off with some more cookie dough, duh.




Then, we headed to brunch at Bintliff's. Delicious! Everything looked good, so we decided to share. The Raspberry Almond Pancakes were delicious!




So was the Tuscany Scramble. I loved the chunks of garlic in it. Amazing.




After brunch, we headed back to Boston. We made a little stop at the Bass Pro Shops in Foxborough. 




I love how the wildlife is always native to the area. Hello, Moose!




Then we walked through the shopping area and over to the Patriots stadium. Can't say I like this team, but I am super excited for football season!




Then, on a whim, we decided to head down to Providence, Rhode Island. Another state to check off my list. Only need 5 more to complete the US!


We dined at Ten Prime. The atmosphere was great. We also had a really nice server. There was a little confusion because they had their happy hour sign out, so we thought the sushi was half off. Apparently only on weekdays. This was a Saturday so it didn't apply. I mentioned this to the server and spoke with the GM. Can't say I was super impressed with how they handled it. Other than that issue, this place was great!




And our server made me a delicious Momtail. Seriously counting down the days until I can drink again. Wine, I miss you!!




We also ordered some meat skewers that were pretty good. The coconut shrimp one was by far my favorite. 




After dinner, we walked around to kill some time until WaterFire. Providence is a beautiful town, and I can't wait to see more someday! 




Love this row of buildings!




WaterFire is also a cool experience. There's a river along the downtown area that there are little bonfires planted in. A train of boats floats along and lights them all while music is playing. It's quite the show, and it's free. Such a neat thing for Providence to do. I highly recommend checking it out!




What a great trip to the Northeast! So sad that it has come to an end, but I am so thankful to be able to explore such awesome places and eat delicious food with amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment