Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Identity Crisis

I'm just going to be real here- man, I am struggling this week. I feel like my whole world is up in the air. I don't know what the plan is, what my future holds, or what exactly I want it to hold. And that's scaring the crap out of me.

I'm pushing myself. Putting myself out there. Having difficult conversations. Telling people what I want. It's scary.

And, I've realized I'm scared of change. I think it's partially because I love where I'm at so much, but at the same time- I want to grow. And I'm not sure I can grow if I stay where I'm at. And then I question myself- worried that I'm being irrational and impatient. It's a roller coaster of emotions over here.

And then I came across this article: The career advice I wish I had at 25.

One of the points of this article is to de-prioritize your career when you have young children. I'm a mother now. I have no idea what that means. Calling myself a mother still feels weird. Unfamiliar. I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm loving every second of it. But I do know that my daughter is the most important thing to me. And all I want to do is soak up moments with her. It's already passing way too quickly.


My head has been spinning for days. I just need to rest, relax, figure out who I am and what direction I want to head- but I'm scared.




No comments:

Post a Comment